Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Before pictures - finally

So KimboSue has been nagging me about before pictures of my kitchen. So, I finally took a few this weekend. As mentioned in a prior post, my house was built in 1996, which is very obvious when you see the color scheme! We are keeping the cabinets because they are solid oak, custom built on site for my house.


The one other thing that doesn't have to be replaced is my cooktop. We replaced it with a bigger, stainless steel one about 18 months ago.




















This is the bar that we have extended with new cabinets built by my dad. The barstools are gone - as is the water dispenser since our new fridge will have water/ice in the door.






Don't you love the wallpaper and diamond tiles? I HATE it but they were stylish in 1996!

















We started trying to peel off the wallpaper and it didn't go so well. It was put directly on the sheetrock before so it is stuck REALLY well. We decided to just primer over it and paint it. So, next week had to sand the areaswhere we'd pulled it off. This is how it looked after our attempt at removing.































My dear hubby working on removing backsplash.










Can you believe that big hole? We didn't create it. When we removed the backsplash we saw it near the electrical outlet. Guess the builder missed their mark and left a big hole they just covered with tile!

This is how my kitchen looks right now. The backsplash didn't come off very easily because the builder used sheetrock instead of cement board. We have to do some sheetrock repair this week/weekend before we get the call for the countertops to be installed!














2 comments:

  1. White, white, EVERYWHERE!!! The tile I think I could live with, but the wallpaper? GAH!

    It is going to be such a change you won't even recognize the place.

    Oh and lovin' the hub's tank top!!! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, that's one of his favorite work shirts! he actually got it on our Honeymoon... more appropriate in Hawaii, I guess! His farmer's tan is even better!

    ReplyDelete